Monday, May 18, 2009

Star Trek, the new film


So I finally went to see the new Star Trek this weekend. My verdict: eh, it was okay. I didn't hate it, like Kevin apparently does, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with it like I was with the original. I could go on and on about what I did and didn't like in this movie, yet that would mean it deserves more of my time. Sorry, they got $30+ at the theater from me and that's enough. Perhaps my reaction is a generational thing since the original Trek as the template is what I've known, as well as the various incarnations during the 80s & 90s, although I suppose I can see why the youngsters might prefer this version.

I found this video the other day that does a good job showing what the new Star Trek really is:



Pity that George Kirk (Chris Hemsworth) died, he could of been the new Brandon Walsh (he is cuter and acted better in this film than Chris Pines).

0 comments: