Monday, July 28, 2008

Insanity of the Closet & Immaturity of Youth

Our politics could not be more different, though I imagine we have some limited common ground. I almost never read uber-liberal blog, The Bilerico Project, but I happened to catch a very good recent post by Bil Browning about a bad episode when he was a closeted youth. Political differences be damned, he dredged up a lot of painful emotions and memories of my own time in the closet. Having been 'out' now for nearly 3 years my perspective has certainly changed, but it is interesting to view these memories now. Let's just say that Browning isn't the only one who has some apologizing to do...

Read his post, it's very good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, can I ask if you are currently seeing anyone?

JohnAGJ said...

At present, no.

Jamie said...

When I initially read that post, it reminded me of an episode at a football game in high school where two male friends of mine kissed as a joke, and I subsequently flew off the handle.

The things we do to keep that closet door shut tight, tight, tight. . .

Anonymous said...

Shame really, you seem like a nice guy (not my type, but still nice). Have you considered a dating website?

Tim said...

funny how hard we fought to keep the truth from existing. I never beat anyone but I broke a few hearts clinking to the lie

JohnAGJ said...

Jamie - Yeah I could tell a tale or two...

Audrey - Yep, right before I came out. I was shocked to say the least and it's not something I'd like to repeat.

Tim - Me too.