Monday, October 29, 2007

Blaming Fathers



This has got to be one of the most vile and despicable claims being touted by some in the so-called "exgay" movement. To lay that kind of guilt on fathers when it is completely unjustified just pisses me off. My father hugged me, spent time with me, talked with me, etc. and none of this had a damn thing to with me being gay. That anyone would try and make my Dad feel guilty as if he 'failed' in raising me, well that person is of the lowest character to me and unworthy of my time. Nicolosi and those of his ilk on the extreme Right should be ashamed of themselves for this, though I'm not stupid enough to think that they have such decency.

h/t Box Turtle Bulletin

2 comments:

Patrick Prescott said...

Nicolosi was my therapist for three years.

Deleted said...

My father treated my brother and I exactly the same way. I'm gay, and he's not. How does assertion explain this?

What a horrible thing for them to say.